GivePulse is looking for a passionate and creative content creator who wants to jump in head-first and help drive fast growth in an entrepreneurial environment within the social impact space. Do you have the heart of a volunteer, with a love of learning, writing, and communicating in all forms? Will you be able to see the value of every person on our team and put them at ease, empowering them to tell their stories and share their subject matter expertise to our clients & audience? If so, we want to hear from you!
The Content Manager will be responsible for the creation and direction of content marketing initiatives across multiple platforms and formats. You will work with our marketing team on the development of our content initiatives in all forms, with a publisher/journalist mindset, to drive new business and cultivate new opportunities. The ultimate goal of these efforts is to build brand awareness, demand generation and lead generation. You will help define our brand story and enhance our customer experience. We expect you also have an obsession for content performance, reporting, and analytics. This is a fast-paced marketing content production environment with an expectation of high quality content, produced to amplify our reach and generate tangible business results.
Objectives and Responsibilities:
- Creation and publication of new long form content each week, be it text (blog articles, email, white papers, case studies, etc), video, or audio (podcast) at all phases of the customer journey.
- Lead content repurposing of existing and new content into multiple formats including short form and native social to amplify content distribution and maximize reach.
- Interviewing internal subject matter experts for content and ghost writing articles and blog posts.
- Executing company email marketing efforts, including newsletters.
- Creating processes and automation to quickly produce, distribute, and amplify content.
- Ownership of all analytics and reporting for content marketing efforts.
- Search engine optimization (SEO) efforts for our marketing website.
- Social media publishing for community engagement and long-term content promotion.
- Premium and long-form content production, including ebooks, white papers, case
studies, webinars, etc.
- Creation of landing pages and conversion opportunities for lead generation.
- General website page updates and enhancements, e.g. new pages and calls-to-action placement.
- Serve as a champion for content creation within GivePulse, and collaborate cross-functionally with other teams and departments to dramatically expand content production.
How Success Will Be Measured
- An increase in defined customer demand and engagement metrics (i.e. inquiries, booked demos, closed deals, etc.).
- Growth in website traffic; specifically, organic reach and other inbound traffic sources.
- Growth in social following and engagement across multiple platforms.
- Customer feedback and survey data.
- Increases in key search engine keyword rankings.
- Clearly defining content distribution during particular stages of the buying cycle and customer journey (lead nurturing, etc).
Technical & Personal Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Public Relations, or related marketing communications field.
- Previous experience as a content marketer leading content strategy is required.
- Impeccable writing and editorial skills, with an outstanding command of the English language and strong attention to detail.
- Strong background experience and deep knowledge of Hubspot platform (Hubspot certifications a plus).
- Ability to work fast and produce great content at scale including building efficient process to speed content creation and amplify distribution.
- Creativity to produce powerful, engaging content that resonates with various target audiences across all aspects of the customer journey.
- Desire to take risks, test new marketing ideas and concepts, experiment, iterate and improve. Great at telling a story using words, images, video, and/or audio, and an understanding of how to create content that draw an audience.
- The ability to think like an educator, intuitively understanding what the audience needs to know and how they want to consume it.
- A passion for new technology tools and building processes that make the task of producing great content faster.
- Clear articulation of the business goal behind the creation of a piece (or series) of content.
- Project management skills to manage editorial schedules and deadlines within corporate and ongoing campaigns.
- Growth mindset to continually learn the latest platforms, technology tools and marketing concepts.
- Training and experience in sales copywriting is a plus.
You should seriously consider applying if any of the following applies to you:
- You know how to create content that will cast spells on folks to adore and follow us
- Your idea of fun involves figuring out through words, imagery, videos and media to drive engagement
- Your friends call you to help them solve tough problems
- You have an interest and passion in volunteering and community engagement issues
Compensation & Benefits
DOE ($40,000-65,000). We offer competitive pay / equity / benefits and other perks. Ground floor opportunity as an early member of the GivePulse team; you’ll directly shape the direction of our company. Most importantly you will be building a platform to empower millions of users to engage in the community and activating thousands of nonprofits (your local food pantry or animal center), social impact organizations (your local advocacy group), businesses (Fortune 500s and small businesses), universities (Ivy Leagues and Flag Ship) and cities (like Austin).
GivePulse is the community engagement platform bringing together individuals, businesses, social impact organizations, institutions of higher ed and their cities to volunteer, collaborate, research and fundraise for initiatives that address the challenges of a community. To do this, we provide the foundational tools to streamline volunteer recruitment, scheduling and communication, abilities to convert volunteers to be donors, services to activate, engage and cultivate affinity groups, databases for administrators to report on their partnerships and impact and much much more. A successful candidate will share our commitment to community engagement and collaboration.
We at GivePulse are committed to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, veteran status, age or disability, as protected by law, in all programs and activities and conditions of employment.. GivePulse is an anti-racist institution. All positions will actively promote diversity, belonging and equity through critical and compassionate communication and strategic outreach efforts to colleagues, partners and institutions (e.g., historically under-represented, first-generation, DACA recipients, LGBTQ community).